Why Irvine, California?
Irvine was master planned to be an economic powerhouse and it does not disappoint. It remains the address of choice for Fortune 500 companies and startups in cutting-edge industry sectors like life sciences, advanced manufacturing, information technology and digitial arts and media. With its well-deserved reputation as "Safest City in America," its strategic location, its ability to attract and retain talent, its high educational attainment, its enviable quality of life and its rich cultural diversity, Irvine's global economy makes an impression here and around the world.
- Strategic Location - in the middle of Orange County and Southern California
- 50% of Orange County's life science companies are located in Irvine and within thirty minutes of the others
- Cutting edge R&D - University of California, Irvine and fifteen other colleges
- Innovative start up eco-system and launch pads specializing in medical device and biotechnology
- Prime logistics:
- #1 and #2 ports in the United States - Port of Los Angeles, Port of Long Beach
- Freeway intersections -north/south and east/west freeway access
- Three airports - John Wayne International, LAX and Long Beach
- Full range of logistics and supply chain support systems
- Proximity to Asian market customers
- Highly educated workforce and attractor of top talent
- Diversity - Irvine attracts the best and brightest from around the world
- Quality of life - Safest City in America - 12th consecutive year
- Cost of business (leasing, goods & services, labor, housing) is at least 50% less than Silicon Valley!