California & Federal Incentives
California is the innovation hub of the planet because it has a very strong background and future in technology and innovation and resources, resources, resources.
California is the innovation hub of the planet because it has a very strong background and future in technology and innovation and resources, resources, resources!
- California Competes Tax Credit – Income tax credit available for businesses who want to come, stay and grow in California.
- Manufacturing + Sales & Use Tax Exemption for manufacturing R&D, Biotech manufacturing equipment, biotech R&D and associated tenant improvements.
- Export Import Financing Program
- Investor VISA Programs
- California Centers for International Trade Development (CITD) – Import, export, and foreign investor assistance.
- U.S. Commercial Service – export and FDI investment assistance
- Small Business Administration
- Small Business Development Centers
- California’s HUB Program – California is home to the largest innovation network in the country. Sixteen innovation HUBs stimulate partnerships, innovation, R&D and investment.
- California State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) – helping companies begin to export or expand exporting into new markets.
- Foreign Trade Zone – Foreign trade zones promote trade and commerce by eliminating or reducing the unintended costs or obstacles associated with U.S. trade laws.
- Employment Training Panel - Provides funding to employers for training associated with upgrading the skills of their workers.
- Small Business Loan Guarantee Program - This program encourages lenders to make loans to small businesses that may have difficulty obtaining capital.
- Research and Development Tax Credit - Incremental tax credit of 15-24 percent on the net increase in qualified research and development expenditures in California.
- California Capital Access Program (CalCAP) and CalCap Collateral Support - The California Capital Access Program encourages lenders to make loans to small businesses that may have difficulty obtianing capital. These credit enhancement programs minimizes the credit risk for lenders, and makes it possible for new and existing businesses in California to quality for small business loans.